Lumension Vulnerability Management - Patch Management Solutions.
Vulnerability Management Business Drivers and Challenges
Considering that over 90% of cyber attacks exploit known security flaws for which remediation is available, effective vulnerability and patch management should be on every company's to-do list. However, in today's economy, enterprises are forced to do more with less and maintain a secure IT environment while keeping operating costs lo
This creates an enormous challenge for enterprises in light of an increasing number of remote employees who reduce the organization's visibility into the network and control over the devices that are brought in and out of the environment. IT organizations must now support heterogeneous environments with:
- Increasingly diverse operating systems beyond simply Windows, including Red Hat, Unix and many more
- Countless software applications, including business productivity tools, web browsers, P2P and more
- More physical and virtual machines within the network
- Numerous endpoint configurations that have drifted out of compliance with regulatory or corporate policies as well as industry best practices
By streamlining and automating vulnerability management processes, organizations can effectively address operating systems and application flaws. Being able to quickly patch third party application vulnerabilities is of increasing importance as these risks are exploited with more frequency.
When faced with all these challenges, it is important that organizations find the right balance between effectively addressing network security and compliance concerns while keeping a low total cost of ownership (TCO).
How It Works?
- Discover: Gain complete visibility of your heterogeneous network environment. Proactively discover all of your IT assets, both managed and unmanaged, through in-depth scans and flexible grouping and classification options.
- Assess: Proactively identify known issues before they can be exploited. Perform a deep analysis and thorough OS, application, and security configuration vulnerability assessments of endpoints via Lumension’s network- and agent-based scanners.
- Prioritize: Focus on your most critical security risks first. Multiple views of vulnerability assessment information allow you to prioritize vulnerabilities by severity or organizational impact.
- Remediate: Automatically deploy patches to an entire network. Simplify the process of maintaining a secure environment by continuously monitoring, detecting and re-mediating policy-driven environments across all major platforms and applications.
- Report: Gain a holistic view your environmental risk. Access a full range of operational and management reports that consolidate discovery, assessment, and remediation information on a single management console.
- Provides visibility into the entire network environment, including virtual machines.
- Thorough and accurate discovery of network assets via both network and agent-based scans.
- Proactively identifies known software and security configuration vulnerabilities before they can be exploited.
- Automatically deploys patches to an entire network and enables custom patch development and deployment.
- Provides regulatory and industry best practices reporting templates to demonstrate compliance against established regulatory standards with both out-of-the-box and customizable queries.
- Offers a single, scalable solution to patch and remediate a heterogeneous network; i.e.Windows, Linux, Unix, and Mac.
- Provides composite reports aggregating discovery, assessment and remediation results to provide a more complete view of the environment.
- Delivers Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) validated configuration assessment.
- Identifies high-risk vulnerabilities that are not patch-related